• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Vaccination

Rate this topic

Dennis

I feel cruise lines would do well to require covid vaccinations prior to cruising. I think the majority of individuals who cruise would welcome this. Failure to do so may result in many individuals refusing to cruise until this occurs or the virus disappears. I have been on 60+ cruises with various lines. I am ready to cruise as soon as vaccinations are required.

I and many others would agree, Dennis, and I don't intend to cruise without one. While some will require a vaccine (Crystal, American Queen), most other major lines will likely require the crew only to get vaccines; not so sure about guests. If cruise lines require vaccines of guests, then they would also be required to refund money to people who booked before the vaccine requirement was made, and after losing so much revenue last year, I imagine that's not an idea they're fond of. Plus, there is a segment of the population who refuses to get the vaccine and thus won't cruise with any line that requires one, and the cruise lines fear losing guests.

You've done a lot of cruising! What was your favorite ship and favorite destination?

4 minutes ago, Jan115 said:

I and many others would agree, Dennis, and I don't intend to cruise without one. While some will require a vaccine (Crystal, American Queen), most other major lines will likely require the crew only to get vaccines; not so sure about guests. If cruise lines require vaccines of guests, then they would also be required to refund money to people who booked before the vaccine requirement was made, and after losing so much revenue last year, I imagine that's not an idea they're fond of. Plus, there is a segment of the population who refuses to get the vaccine and thus won't cruise with any line that requires one, and the cruise lines fear losing guests.

You've done a lot of cruising! What was your favorite ship and favorite destination?

R.C. Liberty of the seas out of Galveston, to Honduras and Mexico. Mayan Ruins, Princess 15 day Hawaii out of L.A. and Norwegian Alaska out of Seattle.  Royal Caribbean stands out as one of the top 3.

Sounds awesome! We took the NCL Alaska cruise from Seattle a few years ago on the Pearl. We loved it, as well!

Speaking of Alaska, HAL and Princess just announced cancellation of cruises for Alaska. There goes another devastating season.