• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Great News for the Cruise-Starved!

Rate this topic

Jan115

Royal Caribbean and Celebrity both announced 7-day Bahama & Caribbean vaccine-required cruises beginning in June. Both lines are beginning their journey to the sea with a single ship, new health and safety protocols and a host of other new policies:

Royal Caribbean - Adventure of the Seas; new Home Port of Nassau

Celebrity Millenium - new Home Port of St. Maarten

Let’s get some discussion going. I’d love to hear everyone’s thoughts on these new cruises, whether you will cruise with a vaccine requirement, and if these cruises will be just the thing to get you back on board a ship.

I love the idea of these cruises!  They need to get started with something, and if the U.S. won't let them, then I am all for looking at workarounds.  I would do either of the Celebrity cruises out of St. Maartin in a heartbeat!  We love all of the ports and we love St. Maartin.  The Royal ones would be okay, as well, but not as appealing to us as the Celebrity itineraries. 

I think the vaccine requirements for these first cruises is a good thing - let's get some cruises underway and if they are successful perhaps the CDC will consider them as test sailings.  Having everyone vaccinated gives them a fighting chance of success.   I'm sure these cruises will sell out quickly, but if our Bermuda cruise goes by the wayside, I would definitely consider booking one of these!

And another just added from Royal Caribbean: Round trip Bermuda to private island and an overnight in Bermuda. 

Maybe CDC will take the hint!

The only glitch I’m seeing are folks who live near or within driving distance of U.S. ports - they don’t want to fly. But hopefully there are enough vaccinated cruisers willing and eager to cruise again! The cruise lines need us!😎

Jan - I am actually worried that these will sell out before we know the fate of our Bermuda cruise - I definitely would fly to meet up with these ships!  I sure do hope people go....if they don't....maybe we'll have to bite the bullet and book one, lol!

Meanwhile, this just in from the CDC about its Conditional Sail Order:

According to the CDC, “the CSO will remain in effect until Nov. 1, 2021, as the agency works on a way to return to passenger cruising in a phased approach to mitigate the risk of spreading COVID-19.” 😡

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/24635-cdc-says-it-won-t-drop-conditional-sail-order.html?fbclid=IwAR3LLdEq8NWWESgVeQTBXUX7pjYK5XBo8HAkG3qHcecD3aSES4du9tiUApE

If this is true, our Bermuda cruise from NYC will be a no-go.🙁

I’m weighing all the options and as soon as my ‘retired’ husband is done with his work day, I’ll let you know what we’re thinking. In the meantime, I’m going to jump on pricing for Bermuda, Nassau and St. Martin as soon as they are available.