• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Symphony of the Seas vs. Quantum of the Seas

Rate this topic

Hello fellow Cruise enthusiasts,

I am planning a vacation for either Alaska or the Caribbean to travel in July.

There will be 3 adults and 2 children (10 and 5) and 1 baby.

I am considering either the Symphony of the Seas 7 day Cruise out of Miami or the Quantum of the Seas 7 day Cruise out of Seattle.

I am in California.

Being that we will have 2 children and 1 baby, any ideas/recommendations as to the better Cruise for my two young grandson's?

I have sailed to Alaska before. The Quantum Ship is awesome. I think however having traveled to the Caribbean also that there may be more to do for excursions on the Symphony?  Please provide your input?  THANK YOU.

Hi Michael, and welcome to CruiseCrazies! 

I'm not sure if you mean this summer or 2022 (no Alaska this summer), but both ships pack a big punch. Quantum class is the newest class of ship and the more technically advanced. It's known for North Star (the arm with the attached pod), Sky Diving simulator, and is very popular with teens and young adults for the activities they love. The Oasis class (Symphony) is the biggest ship at sea, and has a staggering number of bars, restaurants, and entertainment choices. Their claim to fame is the Flow Rider, Aqua Theater, waterslides, and their "neighborhoods". Both ships have more than plenty to do for your family with young kids, but I think the Symphony would be a good fit if you don't mind traveling cross country. 

Let us know what you decide!