• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Newbiecruiser, Welcome to CruiseCrazies!

Rate this topic

Jason

Hey Newbiecruiser,

Welcome to CruiseCrazies!  I encourage you to take a few moments to familiarize yourself with the many features and friendly faces you'll be seeing around.  Some basics on getting started:

The complete guide to "Getting Started" is available here.  

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask!  See you around! ?

Welcome aboard @Newbiecruiser! Feel free to share your comments, cruise stories and questions. We look forward to seeing more of you around our friendly community. 🛳️😎

3 hours ago, Newbiecruiser said:

I appreciate the warm welcome Jan115.  I am new to cruising but have one scheduled for May 2022. Things are slow in the US in regards to the ports being shut down . But I have nothing but optimism that things will change soon 🙂 

I love your optimism! My husband and I and two of our CruiseCrazies friends took advantage of one of Royal Caribbean's sailing this summer that were moved to a non-US port; in our case, the Vision of the Seas from Bermuda to Perfect Day CocoCay. The U.S. ports can't survive for long without ships, and I am confident that in 2022, cruises will be leaving our ports again.

What ship will you be on and where are you going?

If you have any questions about your first cruise or need any words of wisdom from our community of avid cruisers, feel free to ask. 

Sounds really nice!  I will be cruising on the Carnival Conquest to Half Moon Cay and then  to the Bahamas .I am really excited!

It seems like everyday I wake up looking for new cruise material and I'm glad I found this site! Plus, ever since I booked the cruise, my days have felt better( having a new adventure to look forward to.)

I do have one question?: Am I able to change my thumbnail? I was able to change my profile background but was racking my brain trying to figure out the upload a picture option. 

You will LOVE cruising. Be sure to check out my first time cruiser tips in the blog section.

Great question about the profile photo and I can’t figure where to change it either. @Jason can you help with this?

22 hours ago, Newbiecruiser said:

Sounds really nice!  I will be cruising on the Carnival Conquest to Half Moon Cay and then  to the Bahamas .I am really excited!

It seems like everyday I wake up looking for new cruise material and I'm glad I found this site! Plus, ever since I booked the cruise, my days have felt better( having a new adventure to look forward to.)

I do have one question?: Am I able to change my thumbnail? I was able to change my profile background but was racking my brain trying to figure out the upload a picture option. 

Hey @Newbiecruiser!  To change your profile photo:

1. In the upper right corner of the screen, click the down arrow next to your name
  2. Select PROFILE
  3. On the left side of the screen next to the circular profile photo, click the IMAGE icon
  4. This will allow you to update your profile 

I hope this helps!  Let me know if any other questions!