• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Carnival Ships Return to Galveston in Advance of Rally

Rate this topic

Jan115

Two of Carnival Cruise Line’s Galveston-based ships – Carnival Breeze and Carnival Vista – arrived at the Port of Galveston earlier today in anticipation of a cruise rally at the port on Monday to discuss the economic impact of the 14-month pause in operations.

Carnival President Christine Duffy and Galveston Mayor Dr. Craig Brown will be among the speakers at the event that is hosted by the Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) which will be represented by FMC Commissioners Louis E. Sola and Carl W. Bentzel.  Galveston port and community officials as well as local business leaders will be on hand as well.

Carnival Cruise Line launched the first year-round cruise program from Galveston in 2000 and is the only cruise operator with three year-round ships based at the Port of Galveston, carrying roughly 750,000 guests annually.

The Port of Galveston at the Galveston Wharves is the fourth most popular cruise homeport in North America and only cruise port in Texas. Galveston’s cruise business generates $1.6 billion in expenditures annually and 27,000 jobs statewide.

SOURCE: Carnival Cruise Line (Press Release, May 2, 2021); Photo Credit: Carnival Cruise Line

Re-posted on CruiseCrazies.com - Cruise News, Articles, Forums, Packing List, Ship Tracker, and more

For more cruise news and articles go to CruiseCrazies.com

View full article

26 minutes ago, Jan115 said:

I wonder if we will see cruises out of Galveston before those out of Florida.

Quite possibly since I don't think their Governor is going to nix vaccines.  My sister, who lives in Houston, told me that there is a hospital system there that is requiring vaccines for all of their employees by a certain date or they will be terminated.