• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Carnival Dream Jan 8 2023

Rate this topic

Congrats on embarking on your first cruise, and welcome to CruiseCrazies! The best advice I can give to a solo cruiser is to join in the fun wherever people are gathered. Trivia, game shows and the bar are some great places to meet people. There is almost always an event for singles, too, so look for one in the daily newsletter. For dining in the evening, ask to be seated at a large table. This allows more opportunity conversation and it’s more likely you’ll have something in common with someone. If you’ve chosen a fixed dining time, you may even be seated with other solo cruisers. The ship’s excursions are a fun and safe way to join others ashore if you don’t want to go it alone. If you’ve had enough socializing, try a specialty restaurant, the buffet or one of the other options on the ship. There are always quiet areas on the ship, as well, for quiet reflection.

All the solo cruisers I know have met other solo cruisers and frequently meet up on other cruisers. Maybe this could be you!🙂

14 hours ago, Outdoorman41 said:

I will say I'm a little nervous but very excited. Thank for the advice. 

The trick is to be prepared. I am also a blogger, and to help other first-time cruisers, I wrote one called, First-Time Cruiser Tips:  https://tuesdaytraveltips.wordpress.com/2019/10/25/what-to-expect-on-your-first-cruise/

I hope it helps!🙂