Carnival Conquest departed New Orleans yesterday for a two-week dry dock in Freeport, The Bahamas, as part of the line’s $500 million “Fun Ship 2.0” fleetwide enhancement program.The ship is next in line to receive dramatic upgrades in dining, bar and entertainment.
During the two-week period, a series of fun videos documenting the transformation will be posted on www.carnival.com and will highlight all the new spaces, including:
- RedFrog Rum Bar, an open-air Caribbean-themed watering hole offering refreshing rum-based frozen drinks and beers, including Carnival’s private label draft brew, ThirstyFrog Red, all enjoyed in a laid-back island-infused atmosphere.
- BlueIguana Tequila Bar, a friendly rival just across the deck from the RedFrog Rum Bar, this Mexican-themed poolside bar specializes in frozen cocktails and Mexican beers.
- Alchemy Bar, a vintage-themed cocktail “pharmacy” featuring interesting drink flavors, and ingredients, with expert mixologists who “prescribe” concoctions from different fun categories. Guests can also try their hand at creating their own custom cocktails.
- EA SPORTS Bar, the ultimate hangout for sports fanatics where patrons can view live sporting events on large-screen televisions, play popular EA SPORTS video games and keep up with the latest scores on a 24/7 sports ticker.
- Guy’s Burger Joint, created in partnership with Food Network personality and chef Guy Fieri, this complimentary poolside venue serves the best burgers at sea and hand-cut fries with innovative toppings and condiments.
- BlueIguana Cantina, a free-of-charge Mexican cantina offering a variety of fresh tacos and burritos that can be personalized by diners at an extensive salsa and toppings bar.
- The Punchliner Comedy Club & The Punchliner Comedy Brunch presented by George Lopez brings even more laughs with a lineup of comedic talent, curated by the popular comedian and TV personality, along with a humorous twist on brunch.
- Cherry on Top celebrates the joys of simple indulgences with bins of bulk candy, fun-and-fanciful gifts, just-because novelties, colorful custom apparel and more.
In early December, two additional entertainment features – Hasbro, The Game Show and Playlist Productions – will round out the Carnival Conquest’s new Fun Ship 2.0 upgrades.
Carnival Conquest is scheduled to return to the Port of New Orleans October 28, 2012 where it will continue to offer seven-day Caribbean cruises.
Source: Carnival News Blog