Cruise News & Articles
Recent Cruise News
- Transformed Carnival Sunshine To Inaugurate Service From Port Canaveral
- Carnival Cruise Lines: New Marine-Themed ‘Camp Ocean’ Children’s Program
- Disney Cruise Line selects Copenhagen for turnaround in 2015
- Golden Princess: To be largest cruise ship based in Melbourne, Australia
- Regent Seven Seas completes fleet refurbishment
- Coming to Carnival Live Concert Series: Legendary Rock Band Styx
Like Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Belize rejects NCL port proposal. Surprised?
“Cabinet accepted the recommendation from a technical team working with cabinet’s sub-committee, examining Norwegian Cruise Line’s proposal for a cruise terminal, that Crawl Caye in the southern waters cannot be developed as a cruise terminal because of numerous environmental considerations,” read the statement, published June 5 on the Belizean.com website.
“However, in an effort to stimulate employment and open up other economic benefits for Belizeans in the south, Cabinet did support Norwegian Cruise Line’s request to search for an alternate site in Southern waters. Any new site and project proposal will be presented to the current Cabinet Sub-committee chaired by Minister Godwin Hulse,” the statement added. Hulse is Belize’s labor minister.
“We appreciate the consideration given to our proposal by the government of Belize and we respect their decision,” said Norwegian officials in a statement. “Norwegian Cruise Line understands that protecting our oceans is vitally important. Going forward, we will continue to look for development options both in Belize as well as other areas in the Caribbean.”
By Brian Major, Travel Pulse
For more cruise news & articles go to http://www.cruisecrazies.com/index.html
Re-posted on CruiseCrazies.com - Cruise News, Articles, Forums, Packing List, Ship Tracker, and more