Overall Rating: Good
|Departed From:||Sydney, Australia|
|# of Nights:||5-6 Nights|
Launched in 1997 as the second of Princess Cruises’ Sun-class ships, Dawn Princess is based in Australia year-round and only has Australian currency onboard. Dawn Princess offers passengers a unique experience throughout some of the world’s most exciting destinations, according to Princess Cruises Australasian Public Relations Manager, Meg Koffel, when detailing the journeys that the ship does around Australia, New Zealand, and the South Pacific. The ship has been recently been refitted to include popular onboard features, such as The Sanctuary and Movies Under the Stars.
Refined and graceful, Sun-class ships offer many of the choices attributed to larger Grand-class ships without sacrificing the smaller-ship atmosphere for which they're noted for. The ships exude that classic style so often pictured on luxury liners . Dawn Princess has a four-story atrium featuring a marble floor, stained-glass dome, and magnificent floating staircase, ideal settings for relaxation, people-watching, and perhaps making that grand entrance.Sun andDawn Princess are deployed in the South Pacific for the 2013/14 Australian Cruising Season.
Onboard decor is a quite neutral, easy on the eyes after a sunny day spent ashore. The main public rooms are situated on four lower decks, and, with the exception of the promenade deck, cabins are forward and aft. In a nice design twist, the casino is somewhat isolated, and passengers aren't required to use it as a passageway through to the dining rooms ormain show lounge.
- Florentine Dining Room
- Venetian Dining Room
- Sterling Steakhouse [$30 per head} for dinner and well worth it, infact I recommend it!
- Ultimate Balcony Dining.
- Horizon Court buffet, is open almost 24/7 with a wide variety of great tasting food to choose.
- La Scala Pizzeria- did not try one but think I really missed out there.
- Patisserie now Amuleto, Italian Cafe.
- Sundaes ice cream bar now New Zealand Natural Ice Cream , two flavours vanilla and vanilla and chocolate together, not a bad taste.
- Balcony Grill Now called the Terace Grill (burgers, hot dogs, kebab and pies) could have kept going back for more.
- Riviera Pool (plus 2 hot tubs)
- Lotus Spa Pool (plus 2 hot tubs)
- The Sanctuary (adults only)
- Lotus Spa, gym and fitness area
- World-class art collection, gallery and auctions
- 24-hour Internet Cafe (wireless access available)
- Library and writing room
- Boutiques (duty-free)
- Future Cruise Sales
- Princess Theatre
- Vista Show Lounge
- Grand Casino
- Wheelhouse Bar
- Atrium Lounge and Bar
Your home away from home gives you a wonderful place to return each day. Where you have been on a shore tour, relaxing by the pool or been doing some FUN activities onboard rest assured at the end of each day you will return to your cabin your own private escape ! Princess Cruise's have a variety of cabins to choose from : It may be an inside,oceanview,balcony or even your own private suite. At the end of the day it's all there for you to enjoy!