Jump to content
  • We'd love for you to participate.

    Create an account

    Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

Ocean search for missing passenger suspended

Rate this topic


Jason

Recommended Posts

MIAMI (AP) Coast Guard crews on Wednesday suspended their search for a passenger reported missing two days earlier on a cruise to the Bahamas.

Friends of Daniel Dipiero, 21, of Canfield, Ohio, last saw him on the Mariner of the Seas around midnight Sunday. About two hours later, shipboard security cameras show a man appearing to be Dipiero leaning on a rail near the front of the ship, authorities said.

He was reported missing Monday morning when his friends realized he had not slept in the cabin they shared. Royal Caribbean International notified the Coast Guard on Monday evening, after searching the ship and Coco Cay, an island owned by the cruise line.

Our thoughts and prayers remain with the young man's family and friends during this difficult time,'' company spokesman Michael Sheehan said.

Vessels and aircraft from the U.S. and Bahamian Coast Guards searched 900 square miles of ocean between Grand Bahama Island and Coco Cay. The ship had departed from Port Canaveral.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...