• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Converting Cruise Credits to Nights At Sea Cruise Points Formulas

Rate this topic

Swath

I realize the original post here is old but this conversion to number of nights has always been a bone of contention with me. I currently get a point for every night of my cruise. Prior to conversion I had 3 cruises which gave me 22 points. These three cruises, however, was 25 nights. If 25 nights gives me 25 points today, why didn't 25 nights give me 25 points at conversion time. Am I over simplifying this?

Royal did not want any C&A members to JUMP ONE Level Due to the Metric Change

Edited by Swath

great! thank you! You are a champ!

Thank you matey! You have been a huge help! :smile:

Your Welcome That's What I'm Here For

Edited by Swath

• 8 months later...

I am one point shy of Diamond, and have an upcoming cruise.

I'm trying to see if my calculation of points is incorrect in hopes that I can get to diamond before this next cruise.

With all the calculations here and seen otherwise, I can't figure out how mine were calculated.

I'm nervous to call RCL, in case there has been an error to my benefit.

Any chance you could look at what I was credited and give your opinion?

I am one point shy of Diamond, and have an upcoming cruise.

I'm trying to see if my calculation of points is incorrect in hopes that I can get to diamond before this next cruise.

With all the calculations here and seen otherwise, I can't figure out how mine were calculated.

I'm nervous to call RCL, in case there has been an error to my benefit.

Any chance you could look at what I was credited and give your opinion?

Swath is really the expert on this, but if you’d like to post your cruise history we’ll take a look. Royal Caribbean probably has it right. Your best hope is if you’ve been on a cruise they may not know about because of a name change, new address, failure to enter your C&A number or something like that.

Something to consider: I know a lot of people have found the least expensive inside room on a 3-night cruise to squeeze in before going on a longer cruise so they can get those Diamond perks!

Happy cruising!

On a related note, if a cruise reservation crosses the threshold to the next level, will RCI honor the higher status or make you wait until after the cruise until upgrading?

I’m pretty sure you can’t start getting the perks mid-cruise – you get to be at the new level when you start your next cruise.

On a related note, if a cruise reservation crosses the threshold to the next level, will RCI honor the higher status or make you wait until after the cruise until upgrading?

I’m pretty sure you can’t start getting the perks mid-cruise – you get to be at the new level when you start your next cruise.

That's what I thought, but not what I hoped!

• 6 months later...
On 2016-03-30 at 11:42 PM, coloradocruisers said:

That's what I thought, but not what I hoped!

When my Parents & I Made Platinum on a Back to Back Same Ship  29/NOV/2014 - 10/DEC/2014

Our new level was Regconised on the 2nd half we had to speak to Loyalty