• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Anyone Interested in Cruising in December 2005?

Rate this topic

Kellyccz

If anyone is interested in joining a group cruise in December 2005, post here or email me to let me know. I am trying to see how many other people would be interested so we can put together a great group.

So far, I have 3 cabins of people interested (occupants ranging in age from 9 years old to 54 years old)

We are looking at sailing on the Triumph on December 17th. The Glory and the Valor are other possibilities too.

Anyone interested, speak up and we'll see what kind of a group we can put together.

We cruise every December because our anniversary is Dec 17, but we have to be home a couple days before Christmas. For example, this year we sail Dec 12 for a 10 day, returning 12/22.

John: Where does your cruise on the Sun Princess sail to? I think my daycare lady & her husband will be on the ship with you - she has me arrange her airfare for her every year for her annual cruise, and her Princess ship leaves on the 12th too. :smiley:

Anyway, our dates are flexible as far as this goes, we would just like to be close to Christmas. Getting back a couple days before Christmas would be fine.

I actually considered Princess for this "around Christmas" cruise too. Do you get pretty good deals with Princess? I was just concerned about the cost, but would love to try Princess. I am a single Mom though, and will be bringing my 3 children on this cruise. If they had good 3rd & 4th person rates, it might be worth it.

Anyone else?

I would love to do a group cruise but I just can't think that far in advance. There are just so many factors for us to take into account, like when the kids are off from school, etc. Wish we could, though. We are better at last minute. :cool:

GottaCruz - Totally understandable. I normally don't plan that far in advance either, for the same reasons. Luckily, our school district has a website which has next year's schedule already. Anyway, when it gets closer, I can always check back with you then.

We were just talking to our Grand Princess friends from our cruise over 4 years ago, and we are looking at going with them in late 2005. Not gonna be Carnival though. They want to do Princess again after venturing away, and as I've said, I haven't seen anything yet to match the Grand. I am willing to try RCI (that Mariner out of Port Canaveral looks interesting). Will have to keep my eyes open as the itineraries for then start coming out.

Kelly,

Our Sun Princess cruise this Dec:

Dec 12 Depart Fort Lauderdale/Port Everglades

13th Princess Princess Cay 9-4

14th at sea

15th St Thomas 7-6

16th St Martin 7-6

17th St Kitts 7-3

18th Barbados 8-5

19th Antigua 9-6

20th and 21st at sea

22nd Arrive FLL

We are in a balcony cabin, cat BD.

The cost for two of us Cruise/Port/Taxes is $2279.28. We will also receive a $150 shipboard credit, 2 bottles wine and 2 photo vouchers!

That is like paying about $106 pp per day. I use a rule of thumb of $100 pp per day for a benchmark of a decent price. Princess can be okay on price if you pick the right time....like this mid Dec cruise.

John G - That's not a bad price, and I hear wonderful things about Carnival. I'm not sure if that's the itinerary my daycare lady is on or not, but I know she is leaving on the 12th on a 10 day cruise on Princess. I'll have to ask her which ship she is on. They only sail Princess, and go the same time every year. My interest in Princess had definitely been piqued.

Dan - The Grand is one of the ships my daycare lady has been on at least a couple of times and she and her husband love it too. I am also interested in the Mariner. As I said, I am open to other lines & ships, if we can find a good deal. From looking at prices on different ships, it seems as if going right before Christmas gets you a lot better deal than going over Christmas, so we will be keeping our eyes open for just the right deal.

Let me know if you come across anything, and I will post when I have any more info.