• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Mariner of the Seas test dock at Key West

Rate this topic

StaRed

Hi there! Anyone else see this last week? On the Mariner's way to Miami for drydock, she made a very quiet stop at Key West. Pulled in, docked, turned, pulled back out...the visit took seven minutes. To date she is the largest ship to visit Key West, and rumors are that RCI wanted to test Key West for a Voyager class ship.

Hmmm...why the "secret" stop? Perhaps a new port for us Galveston cruisers?? Inquiring minds want to know!!

Here she is in four different port cam shots...

mariner3.jpg

This makes me excited! I'm really hoping for new Galveston itineraries...or, dare I wish, a year round RCI ship for Galveston??

Edited by StaRed

That is very interesting! We were on the Ryndam for a B2B in late Dec early Jan. The first week was smooth sailing and docking in to Key West. The second week was skipped at the last minute because of high winds. We were told this happens quite often. I wonder if high winds would have less affect on the larger ships?

Thanks for posting this. We've cruised from Galveston once and really enjoyed the city.

Very interesting. Everyone at the pier and aboard the Carnival ship must have been wondering what the heck was going on!!! I know I would have been thinking that! LOL :laugh:

Perhaps this is the industry record for the quickest port call ever?? :wink2:

I know, right? Or maybe sort of like when I'm distracted and I accidentally pull up to the grocery store when I actually meant to go to the drug store...so like they pulled her in and was like, OOPS! This ain't Miami! :ohmy:

I'm just so curious as to the WHY! I just hope hope hope this means something new for Galveston departures.