• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Insurance........yes or no?

Rate this topic

MikeNBec

• 1 month later...

When we first started cruising (43 cruises ago) we did not buy insurance. However as we have aged we have begun to buy it. Have seen two helecopter evacuations from ships that we sailed on and recently had a friend have a heart attack while scuba diving and who spent weeks in a hospital on Grand Caymon Island. Their comment " without insurance we would have been bankrupted."

The done place I do not get my insurance is from the cruise line. I prefer a third party issued policy.

Just recently I put together a group of 40 folks from our church on a Diamond Princess cruise coming up in about three weeks. Our TA offerred us insurance which was based on the cost of the cruise and not age related which was a savings for most of us over what Princess offerred. Just found out a few days ago that one of the ladies who was going with us had passed away and her family (who are also going) would have lost 50% of what they had paid for her; however, by the time I talked to the TA the insurance had already kicked in and reimbursment was on it's way.

Hope this helps,