• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Watch the Pride of America's Christening

Rate this topic

Jason

Early this afternoon, the official Christening ceremony of NCL's newest ship, the Pride of America, was held in New York. NCL has uploaded the streaming video of the entire ceremony to their website. It's very interesting to see the ceremony....I watched most of it. Here's the link:

http://www.visualwebcaster.com/event.asp?id=29212

alt text

Quick Facts

The Pride of America is the first brand-new U.S.-flagged cruise ship in nearly 50 years. Pride of America has been designed to reflect America's favorite places on board, you will enjoy the spirited entertainment options, the Americana décor and the regional fare. And perhaps best of all, this fabulous new ship will offer all the freedom and choice of Freestyle Cruising.

America's top destinations are now in Hawai'i aboard Pride of America.

From bow to stern, every inch of décor is dedicated to the places America loves. First U.S. flagged cruise ship in nearly half a century and the biggest ever built. Warm and friendly 100% – American crew.

Thanks for the posting!

I might sneak a peek at the ship when she's in Boston this week. I doubt I'll be able to get close, though.

If only I could get on board... that main staircase is gorgeous!