• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

HOW MUCH Luggage??!!

Rate this topic

Ol39Capt

Being new to Crusing doesn't mean I don't know what to pack for trips.

But listening to everyone I'm coming up with anything from 2 carry-ons, to that and 3 extra suitcases.

Types of clothing, how many, how many shoes...(Tink doesn't count) lol...bags for island purchases, etc,

can really help most of us newbies get a better picture. I know what works for one group may not work for others. I already have too many list started for these upcoming trips and I want to wheel and carry just what we need...even traveling today, I still bring home stuff that I don't even touch...this has got to stop...lol

I've tried looking into past forums but I get lost.... :biggrin:

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frank this is a good topic... And your right what may work for one may not work for the rest of us....

My last 2 cruises I made a list of what I packed, and then upon returning checked off that list of what was either used or worn...

For hubby ( this is what he wore )

Suit, shirt, tie and dress shoes....

2 prs. of docker pants

2 pairs of docker shorts

2 hawaiian shirts

2 collared shirts

2 t-shirts ( muscle man style )

3 pairs of swim style shorts

sandals, sneakers, and a pair of deck shoes ( that's what I call them )

and 20 pairs of underware....Dont ask....

For me.... NO FLAMMING....lmao.....

2 formal dresses, 2 pairs of shoes

3 sun dresses

7 t-shirts

3 pairs of shorts

5 bathing suits

4 sarongs

6 pairs of various types of sandals.

3 beach towels, as Carnivals are to thinck and too expensive if I misplace them...

I also bring some laundry soap ( sample size ) and a few dryer sheets, in case I do a load of laundry...

and I bring 2 of those XX- large Ziplock storage bags for dirty laundry and it helps to suck the air out and make more room for souvinirs, lol....

and I also bring some of the 2 gallon ziplock bags for wet bathing suits and towels after a day at the beach to carry back onto the ship, so everything else I have in my bag doesnt get wet....

we have learned to take advantage of on board laundry facilities pack half the clothes just plan carefully and launder what needs to be laundered ... on longer cruises we normally do pack both a suit and a tux...on shorter ones we opt just for the suit...

We usually take three 29" cases and one garment bag - for the two of us. But we usually tack on a few days before and after so a week long cruise becomes a two week holiday - and flying severly limits what you can take.

The next one to Alaska is out of Vancouver - so it's just a short drive and we can take everything we want lol.

This was the first thread I tried to post....I never could figure out where it went...lol

I also think it might help others that have been on the cruises let others know what they didn't need and what they forgot to take. I like the laundry idea...are you allowed to do it at 1:30 AM...

This has already helped me narrow down some things about packing....less clothes and more toys to cause trouble....We are TroubleMakers.... alt text

alt text