• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

HOW MUCH Luggage??!!

Rate this topic

Ol39Capt

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to the real world.

We normally take two (one each) 28" dual compartment pullman bags. One compartment for hanging formal wear and the other for all the reqular stuff. Roe takes a roll aboard with all her makeup, hair dryer and usual junk. I carry a back pack (really a day bag) with all the electronics and camera stuff. On a long cruise (12 days or longer) we take an extra duffel bag for shoes, snorkels, etc.

BTW, I have speakers for my MP3 that travel with us. Work great. For a power strip I picked one up the the .99 Store which is only about 6 incehs long, but works like a charm for the extra outlets you need on a ship.

The only way we could cut down is the bag the formal wear, but we won't do that because that was one of the reasons we started cruising in the first place!!

Next cruise will be Number 50! And, our 15 anniversary cruise, so it should be really special.

Over that many cruise we have destroyed several pieces of luggage, in fact, our new stuff just arrvied via UPS today. And, it was the wrong color, so they are shipping us the red stuff we ordered. Glad we are not heading out on a cruise and waiting for these new pieces to arrive. :sad2:

My husband gets annoyed with me because I usually pack 1 month in advance. I'm extremely organized. (Remember, I am a teacher.) I pack a small suitcase full of shoes. They are of course wrapped tediously in tissue paper before placing them in my luggage. I usually pack around 9 or 10 pairs. Again, I know I'm not in the norm, but we frequent the nightclub every night. Therefore, I need my shoes to match my outfit. Now that I have written this out, I am actually embarassed at how much I pack that I probably don't need. Oh, well! It's really fun!

:blush:

My favorite pair of shoes changes constantly. I looooove shoes - they really are my passion and I would consider it a bad week if I only bought one pair of shoes in that 7 day period. I go to DSW and literally spend hours in there trying on shoes, and always walking out with at least 3-4 pair. The pic I am posting is my favorite pair of shoes this week - I ordered them online and they just arrived last week, and I haven't had the opportunity to wear them yet...

alt text