• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

HOTELS IN GALVESTON

Rate this topic

seauonboard

I know I probably could have done a search but what fun would that be :biggrin: .

I'm doing this girls cruise thing in September and my friend in Oklahoma is rooming with a friend of hers from up there. We were all going to drive down - meeting up in Madisionville TX the night before. The thought being that it would make it easier on them coming from OK (we are driving from Ft Worth). Well she email me today and says that they have decided to fly to Houston Hobby the night before and would like me to find a hotel in Galveston for all of us - I'm on board since I really do want to see the ship come in. They will take a shuttle from the airport to the hotel and we will meet them that day. Here's the problem - I've heard that some hotels will only do 2 night stays. Also I would like a hotel that offers parking during the cruise but don't mind dropping everyone off and using Lighthouse if I have to. To top it off it is Labor Day weekend and I know some hotels that "normally" don't set a minimum stay sometime do during holidays.

So I'm looking for help. Anyone have any suggestions of a nice but not extremely expensive hotel that fits the bill? I will be paying for 2 rooms so I want to defer some of the costs if possible. If it's more expensive then I guess me, my son, sis and niece will have to bunk up.

Thanks in advance.

Cheryl3, our one and only cruise from Galveston was in Oct 2002 on the Rhapsody of the Seas. We let RCI book everything including our air to Houston and a pre and post cruise stay at Hotel Galvez across from the seawall. We really enjoyed this hotel, however I don't believe they had a park and cruise plan for those who drove in.

As some may have read in the Daily I have a reservation at the Harbor House. I figure I need to have at least something booked. It was priced OK and it's close to the dock - plus free parking during the cruise. I figure I'm lucky since it's Labor Day weekend and I'm thinking rooms are going to be hard to find - plus a lot of hotels require 2 night stays during a holiday weekend.

I've done 5 cruises from Galveston. In the past I've looked for motels with a shuttle. This year we're staying at the Super 8 on 61st. They have free parking, Comfort Inn on 61st and Seawall is iffy as is the Comfort Inn on Stewart Beach. The Holiday Inn that's part of the San Luis group is good and have a shuttle. I also understand the Baymont is good with free parking.

Hope this helps.

Jim

I agree with Peddlar. Check out the Super 8 - we really enjoyed our stay and the price was right on - good coffee 24/7 and free breaksfast in the am. Also just a short walk to the Super Wal Mart if you forgot to bring something or other :thumbup: We loved Galveston - very pretty place and lots to see.