• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Mariner of the Seas questions.

Rate this topic

zebra

There's a possibility that we'll take a "last minute" cruise on this ship. For those of you who have sailed on her before - please could you answer a few questions for me?

1. When and what is the Mystery Dinner and how and when does one need to book for it? (Wow 4 questions in one - sorry)!

2. When does the booking open for the Ice Show? Is it worthwhile going to?

3. How much are the parking fees at Port Canaveral?

4. Is the Specialty Restaurant worth going to?

Thanks so much for your help.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can only answer number 3 for you. The tickets are available very early in the cruise for the Ice Show. Watch the schedule. It's probably worth going as early as possible for the tickets. The show is very good and unique, but the stands don't hold very many people. The tickets are free, and will go pretty quick. Enjoy! :biggrin:

We saw the ice show on the sister ship, the AOS and yes its worth going to. Tickets do become available early on during the cruise. i would check with the guest relations desk to be sure of when they become available. We did eat at Portofinos on the AOS and I though it was well worth the $20.00 pp surcharge. as for the mystery dinner IIRC it was early in our cruise, maybe the 2nd. night so check it out when to get on board. You could try calling RCI ahead of time or emailing them as well. Can't help with #3, sorry. :smile:

1. I'd head to the Portofino immediately upon boarding. That is usually where it's held. I tried to pre-book it through my reservation and couldn't.

2. If you haven't seen an ice show at sea it's a must........if you were on my sailing I'd get the tickets for you........from the concierge.

3. Port Canaveral is $12 per day

4. I loved Portofino.......have never tried Chops. Howie definately has an aversion to paying for food so we rarely go.

If you need anything else don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks Rose and Jacket for all the answers - now let's see what happens with this Jury Duty.... hopefully I'll be excused.

I was excused a few mos. ago. I simply told the truth, that I could serve but that my work (I'm and RN in a critical care unit and we are already short) would suffer. The wise judge said I suppose you are need more there that here. Maybe if you tell the judge(if you get called) that you have a planned vacation which involves other people who have made prior arrangements and that money would be lost you could get dismissed. Good luck. :smile: i

Oh, I do hope you get to go on the cruise. We have always wondered what it would be like to make a last minute decision and just go somewhere. But I guess being miles away from ocean, we are forced to make a few plans.

Well here we are - we made that decision and will be cruising on Sunday and I can tell you we are ultra excited about it!!! The ship looks wonderful, so we are Stoked... yes Jason I love that expression..... STOKED!!! Actually I used to use that expression in South Africa in the 70's.... all the surfers loved that expression!