• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Lei'd at the Luau ~ Hawaiian Group Cruise 2010 ~

Rate this topic

OK Now I get the picture...I remember about 50 years ago, I had something similar to that. It was a snorkle attached to a small (about 2 feet long and 1 foot wide) set of inflatable pontoons. the snorkle was in the center and it had 10 - 20 feet of hose and a mouth piece. I wonder what ever happened to it....I use to use it a lot....when I was younger...I was dive certified...35 - 40 years ago...it would take a lot of hard work to get even close to be in shape to try it again... :cool2:

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SNUBA - it's a combination snorkel/scuba - you don't wear tanks. You breath through a regulator - with the air hose connecting to the sruface - where your air supply is at. You can dive down to about 20 feet or so. No certification is required. That's why this is so cool - as Wayne is not a certified diver (I am advanced) & he wants to "try" it!!

OK Now I get the picture...I remember about 50 years ago, I had something similar to that. It was a snorkle attached to a small (about 2 feet long and 1 foot wide) set of inflatable pontoons. the snorkle was in the center and it had 10 - 20 feet of hose and a mouth piece. I wonder what ever happened to it....I use to use it a lot....when I was younger...I was dive certified...35 - 40 years ago...it would take a lot of hard work to get even close to be in shape to try it again... :cool2:

Take a re-fresher course. They off them at any dive shop. Underwater is very zen!!

L