• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Cruise Question of the Day

Rate this topic

Joanandjoe

Let's get this feature running again. I'll post for March 3; hopefully someone else will do the next post.

Has the falling U.S. dollar had an impact on your cruising, or on your other vacations?

We're in a small minority on this board: we love Europe, don't much like the Caribbean. We also go to Canada almost every year. For us, the falling U.S. dollar makes it likely that our fall vacation this year will be a land vacation in the U.S., rather than an Eastern Med cruise or a trip to Canada.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are still doing a Transatlantic this year. Cruising to Europe is still a good value since it is priced out in American dollars. We will probably do less shopping over there because there are no bargains anymore.

We usually cruise as a couple, although, we have cruised with large groups and with small family groups, we have the most fun when it is just the two of us and we can do our own thing whatever that turn our to be.

Over all our cruises it seems we have had the most fun when we had no real plans or any particular expectations, then everything was an adventure. :biggrin:

Fortunately no though I must say going to eurpoe on a land vacation is questionable. We would have to try to get free air w/ our miles to make that work. Anyway we still want to do cruises so its a moot point really. i am quite concerned however about the stock market. I think a significant reallocation of funds is in order.