• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

CRUISE CRAZIES CANADA/NEW ENGLAND GROUP CRUISE

Rate this topic

cruisetarp

Although some Crazies expressed a desire to wait until Princess & Carnival came out with their itineraries, more Crazies expressed the desire to book the Explorer of the Seas for the 2nd official CruiseCrazies Group cruise. Carnival & NCL have already put out an across the board price increase and we believe the other lines will follow suit shortly.

So come join in the fun and get to meet your CruiseCrazies friends. This is a great itinerary and lots of good ports to visit. A real departure from the Caribbean. Lots of fun things will be planned over the next 17 months so go ahead and book now.

The Explorer of the Seas will sail from Cape Liberty, NJ on Thursday, September 15, 2011 with the following itinerary:

Sept. 15 - Depart from Cape Liberty, New Jersey

Sept. 16 - Sea Day

Sept. 17 - Portland, Maine 7:00AM - 6:00PM

Sept. 18 - Bar Harbor, Maine - 7:00AM - 5:00PM

Sept. 19 - Saint John, New Brunswick - 7:00AM - 3:00PM

Sept. 20 - Halifax, Nova Scotia - 9:30AM - 7:00PM

Sept. 21 - Sea Day

Sept. 22 - Boston, Massachusetts 8:00AM - 5:00PM

Sept. 23 - Sea Day

Sept. 24 - Arrive back at Cape Liberty at 8:00AM

Prices STARTING AT:

Deluxe & Suite - from $1640 PP

Balcony - from $1249.PP

Outside - from $1049PP

Interior - from $699PP - these include the Promonade Cabins which are very unique and popular.

Prices do not include tax and fees of approx. $115.95 PP

Since many members have expressed a preference for your own travel agent, there will be no special agent for our group. Prices are regulated by Royal Caribbean so all will pay the same price (watch for those price drops possible over the next 17 months) but different TA's offer different incentives (OBC, etc) so shop around for the best deal.

Once you have booked, please post your information or PM the information to Rose & I so we can coordinate cabin numbers and dining arrangements. If you have any questions, please ask Rose or myself and we will try to assist you.

Once we reach the 1 year out mark I will begin to look for hotels in the area for those who want to spend some time pre or post cruise. Newark airport is the closest to the pier so I will begin by looking in that general area. A short commute into New York City but I believe prices will be much more reasonable in NJ. I will research both though.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all!

Glad a decision was made before prices got any more expensive. Lee and I are going to book. I'm going to check out rooms and see what is available.

I'm so excited!! We will finally be meeting y'all!! :biggrin:

PS- Sorry! I got so excited that I forgot to thank both MaryLou and Rose for all their hard work putting this together!

It sounds great MaryLou! Thanks to you and Rose for all the time and work you've put into this. I'm not so sure I could get Zack to book this early, but I will work on it! He does want to go so maybe it won't be so hard to convince him :biggrin:

Falina - Sorry it won't work for you but the invite is always open.

Deb - just tell him the longer he waits the more expensive it will be. That's how I get Jim to book so early. lol

Martha - Yeah! Glad to have you on board.

Going myself to look for a cabin right now.

MaryLou, does EOS have extended aft balconies like on the Connie. If so, do you know what category they are? I'm having a hard time figuring it out on the website. I am going to, for sure, tell Zack that it's cheaper to book now. Am I ever getting excited....and it's 17 months away!

Deb - the Aft balconies are larger than the side ones but not quite as large as on the Connie. Much bigger than the side ones though. I believe they are in the E categories but I might be wrong. Let me check and get back to you.

Deb - on Deck 10 the afts are Cat. D1

on deck 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 they are E1.

Word of warning. There is a lot of structure on the aft of the ship and the lower you go the more obstructive it is. You still get a great view but it can get in the way especially if you are sitting down. Also on Deck 6 there is a crew area behind the balconies where they crew can congregate and relax. Can get a little noisy at times.

Also the end side cabins (at least on deck 9) which would be _9590 and -9390 do not have sliding glass doors but a solid wooden door with a small porthole. I'm not really crazy about those - they tend to be a little darker but that is just my preference.

Hope this helps.