• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Any new members want to introduce yourselves???

Rate this topic

Hello everyone. My name is Lena and my DH is Bill. I am new to the site and "fairly" new to cruising. Been on a handful of cruises thusfar, but I love each one and want to book the next one when I'm on the last one. I've only cruised two lines, Carnival and Dolphin (Dolphin way back in '84-'85). My parents took me on the Dolphin Cruise line (it was cheaper than buying me a car) LOL. Usually I cruise with a group of family and/or friends, unwinding from the usual routine, which makes the vacation that much more enjoyable.

We are currently booked on a cruise to the West Caribbean and will take our niece for her first cruise. She's 8 and I'm just as excited as she is! :biggrin:

Well that's enough about me for now. I look forward to any information and tips you can provide. I know I love to pass on the bit of information I have to those that are new to cruising! Hope to see you around the board.

Thanks,

Lena

Welcome to the site, Lena! :smile: Wow - Dolphin Line cruises - haven't heard that one in a while. I'd love to hear more about that cruise (or whichever was your first). I started a thread the other day inviting everyone to tell of their first cruise experience. Some very interesting stories appeared. Tell us about yours at http://www.cruisecrazies.com/forums/topic/49696-tell-us-about-your-very-first-cruise/

What ship will you and your niece be sailing on to the Western Caribbean?

Hi,

I'm Dawn and my husband and I are avid cruisers. We are anxiously awaiting our next cruise on September 29, 2013. We have 2 wonderful children who have blessed us with a total of 5 grandchildren. Our last cruise in April 2013 was taken with our daughter, son-in-law and 2 granddaughters. We love Carnival and cruising out of Baltimore! So sorry to see Carnival leaving this great port. 2 cruises in 1 as sailing out of Baltimore you get to cruise the Cheasapeake Bay before you hit the Atlantic.

Hello, Ken here. My wife and I are on our fourth cruise. We are heading to the canary islands and Spain. 9 days of pure bliss. Taking NCL. Norwegian Spirit. Any feedback on that trip/ship?

Welcome Ken! We have not been on the NCL Spirit yet, nor have we been to Spain. Next summer will be our first Mediterranean cruise, but doesn't include Spain. Sounds like a great itinerary for you!

Hi,

I'm Dawn and my husband and I are avid cruisers. We are anxiously awaiting our next cruise on September 29, 2013. We have 2 wonderful children who have blessed us with a total of 5 grandchildren. Our last cruise in April 2013 was taken with our daughter, son-in-law and 2 granddaughters. We love Carnival and cruising out of Baltimore! So sorry to see Carnival leaving this great port. 2 cruises in 1 as sailing out of Baltimore you get to cruise the Cheasapeake Bay before you hit the Atlantic.

Hi Dawn - Welcome! I keep telling myself that someday we will cruise out of Baltimore. The non-stop short flights are pretty cheap for us - it would be so easy. I'll be cruising just after you out of Boston on October 6. Have a great cruise. Please come back and tell us all about it!

• 2 weeks later...
I love each one and want to book the next one when I'm on the last one.

We are currently booked on a cruise to the West Caribbean and will take our niece for her first cruise.

You’re not alone Lena! Before we start our next cruise, we always try to have our NEXT next cruise planned!

I bet your niece will get hooked too – then she’ll want you to bring her along every time! :biggrin:

Happy cruising!

• 2 weeks later...