• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

I'm Back

Rate this topic

KarenUK

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Guys!! - finally got my pikkies moved from my camera onto a disc so will get the review & relevant pictures done soon (I promise).

Jason - I would love to be able to get booking another cruise for our next hol but not sure if we are going to be able to afford it so will prob be 2007 (either Mexico riviera or Alaska we think??) but may have to have a cheap hol next year to enable us to save - we went a bit silly on the spends as we couldnt resist all those lovely Diamonds onboard (and the biggest item was for my hubby not me!!)

Kaz UK - the majority of the fellow cruisers were really friendly as were most of the staff onboard - we did meet a few other brits whilst out & about but as Carnival ships can be quite lively I dont think the stuffy members of the UK would fit in too well??? the Miracle did have quite an upmarket feel to her though as everyone made such a decent effort on the formal nights and she is still quite new so it wasnt like everyone was doing the congo round the deck each day (apart from one night in Bacchus). There were quite a few kids (cant complain though as thats why we picked the ship so Jamie - our son would have good facilities)

I will really try to finish my notes for my review and get it posted over the next few days and I hope this will be of interest to some of you. :cool:

Karen,

We're glad to have you back here. We missed you . I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed the Miracle. I'd love to know the decorating scheme . We 've been on several carnival ships and they all have a distinct decorating scheme. I'm a very visual person and love to check out the decor in every part of the ships. I'd love to know the scheme and the predominant colors, if you remember. Cheryl :cool:

Hi Cheryl,

I have just submitted my review but prob didnt mention the decor too much but from the ships I have been on, & seen through work, I did like the Miracle's decor but can see why some people have seen it as a cause for discussion.

The "grapes" in Bacchus were a bit garish and Mad Hatters wasnt my favourite room but the rest of the ship was quite pleasant in decor, I think the main colour scheme seemed to be a pale peachy colour in the rooms with white linen, red/gold in the Phantom Lounge with small black enamelled tables (I think but was dark in there most of the time we went?) the rest of the common area's I think had some sort of red in the carpeting or seating but wasn't so much so that it has stuck in my mind as being decorated in red (if that makes sense?)

I am going to see if there is a way of inserting any of the photo's we have onto a message but have found no way of doing it as yet so will have to persevere so you can all have a look at what she was like :undecided:

Thanks Cheryl, I wasnt 100% sure how long it took myself so that appreciated :smiley:

Kaz UK - I cant beleive its May bank hol on Monday, this year seems to have gone soo quickly I am sure July will fly by & before you know it you'll be sailing into the sun set (not at all jealous) :wink:

These bank holiday weekends are a saviour!!! Batteries need recharging right now.

Is it true that most passengers put on 14 pounds in a fortnight whilst cruising (our cabin steward told us this... it scared the life out of me :shocked:)

Has anyone been on a cruise to Iceland? I'm wondering whether to pack the thermal underwear!!!