• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Tropical Storm Rita

Rate this topic

Tut

As an after thought, would travel insurance cover this kind of incident?

I believe that Insurance would compensate for any loss of of Flight and some polocies would help catch the ship ..( i think)

Yes. I was told by the Carnival agent that Travel Insurance would pay for the flight to the next port if we couldn't make it to Galveston.

Unfortunately, we didn't get it so anything that happens out of the ordinary, we have to pay for. We'll see what happens.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sue,

We have been thru what you are going thru now on a couple occasions. One was a cruise out of Galveston. Ours worked out okay and we suspect yours will, as well. Don't it make life interesting? Hang in there--we are pulling for you!

As Jeff states above--time is on your side.

Hi there! I just discovered this sight and it's great! We share your plight on the Carnival Conquest departing this Sun. We have four children who are devestated at the prospect of our trip not going according to plan! We also have heard nothing from Carnival other than it's just too soon to tell. We are hoping that Rita gives out soon!! Hope to meet you on the ship! Crystal

So far on CNN, they are predicting Rita heading straight to Galveston, but they do emphasize it is too soon to tell. We are still 3 full days until the storm is expected to come ashore. They are saying part of depends on the high pressure system over the gulf right now, and how quickly it moves east. If it stays stationary, or moves slowly, the storm will likely be pushed south. If the high moves fast, the storm could turn back towards NOLA.

I think, and this is just me guessing here, but if the storm moves south, this has the most opportunity to delay Sunday cruises from Galveston, since the ships will detour further away. If the storm goes east, this will likely mean everything will work out fine for the cruises, but the consequences of that likely mean NOLA under water again, so I think cruisers will gladly sacrifice a day or 2 for that not to happen.

You're right Dan. I'd rather my cruise be shortened then to have NOLA hit again.

Thanks again for all the encourgement everyone. On the Weather Channel last night, they said they were starting to evacuate Galveston as a precaution. With the short time it was in Key West, hopefully, it'll just blow thru fast and won't cause a lot of damage.

If worse comes to worse, we'll just re-book and go from there. I told my husband that no matter what, we're celebrating our 40th somewhere - not sure where yet - but somewhere.

Welcome to Cruize Crazies Harvey. It's the best bunch of people you'll ever have contact with. Welcome aboard. Hope to see you on the ship too. I know it's hard for children to understand about having something postponed but, hopefully, you won't have to go thru that.

Good attitude and Happy 40th! My kids are dissappointed, but talking about Hurricane Katrina really makes them put it into perspective and count their blessings! I hope New Orleans does not suffer another hit.

The post were helpful. We are going to change my Mother-in law's flight. She was planning to fly into Houston were we were driving to meet her on Sat. Instead she will fly to us in Tulsa and we will take it from there. At least at that point we are all together and not depending on the air for any transportation.

Before I posted I felt like our cruise was just over, not going to happen! Now I am much more hopeful that it will just be a little different than originally planned. We'll take it! Thanks again for your insight!