• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Taxi info Long beach

Rate this topic

Swiper

That.. could be very expensive...it's approximately 20-25 miles away as far as the length of time depends on the time of day...

Question .......is a Transfer option availible form the cruise line? if so that may be your best bet.

Thanks Joey

I am just trying to figure out the price difference between a shuttle and a taxi.

I will have my three year old with me and I found those shuttle busses to be more of a pain than they are worth.

Also the price of a shuttle is going to be around 50 to 60 dollars so if a taxi is not much more than I will pay for the convenience.

It is a Sunday debarkation so from what I a have read traffic is not that bad and we are not in that much of a hurry as our flight does not leave until 2 pm.

I am checking with carnival on there prices on transfers.

I have checked the rates online of the taxi companies and if you take the distance and the rate it is about $60 add a little for traffic it is not that much more.

I would just like to know if people have done this and what it cost them.

Also if there are taxi's waiting at the port or if you need to call them.

Thanks again

It's a good 20-25 miles from LAX to Long Beach. Just getting a taxi OUT of LAX...you will sit in traffic and the meter will run. Although it's a Sunday, the traffic around LAX...getting in and out can be horrendous. That's always where the holdup is on the freeway.

I know you'll have your daughter with you, but you know, if it was me, knowing the area, I'd take the shuttle. I always have such a bad feeling watching the meter run in a taxi...you're at their mercy. At least with a shuttle, they give you a flat rate, and that's that.

We used ExecuCar, a division of SuperShuttle. It was a private car service, and most professional. We also felt it the best option for our family of three. They were waiting for us when we debarked, another big plus as it saved us time. I don't recall the cost, but it was a flat rate, and we had the car to ourselves.

• 1 year later...
We used ExecuCar, a division of SuperShuttle. It was a private car service, and most professional. We also felt it the best option for our family of three. They were waiting for us when we debarked, another big plus as it saved us time. I don't recall the cost, but it was a flat rate, and we had the car to ourselves.

we too have used ExecuCar when coming back from europe.. it was a wonderful thought of getting off the plane at LAX knowing that the car and driver was waiting on us...

We took a taxi about three years ago and as I remember it cost about 50 dollars to downtown Long Beach. We used the shuttle service with Carnival going back to the airport and I think that was about 40 dollars. That was three years ago bet its not any cheaper now!

• 6 months later...

We've almost always taken the Super Shuttle to the ship. Did use a cab on our way back to airport on one trip because of a fairly early flight. Cabs were waiting when we disembarked and we were at LAX with 30 minutes after clearing customs. Sorry I do not remember the fare.

We've done a few cruises out of LA. The first time, we booked everything through the cruise ship (first cruise) and it included transportation to/from ship to airport. Yes, we had to sit on the cruise ship "shuttle" and wait for it to fill up, but it really was worth it.

The next time, we rented a car because we were in LA a couple of days early. We had the car rental company drop us off at the pier. We used the cruise ship transportation to get us from the pier to the airport on our return. This was offered to us on the ship during the cruise. At the time, it was $10/person.

The next time we were out of LA we purchased our own air (much cheaper than using the cruise), but added on their transportation. Again $10/person. Again, sat in the shuttle until it filled up (probably 30 min or less). But I have to tell you, we met some great folks on the shuttle. We sat in a comfy seat, air conditioning, no traffic (so to speak) AND they moved the luggage back and forth for you.

The last time we were in LA, we rented a taxi (because there were 6 of us) both ways. I don't remember the cost, but I do remember that when we returned to the pier after the cruise, we were sitting in the taxi waiting in traffic and the meter was ticking, ticking, ticking. So I have no idea what the cost should have been, I just remember that it was way more than the $10/person.

Let us know what you decide.