• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Tortola

Rate this topic

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The Baths are pretty amazing, couple different ways to see them, by water is probably the least physical demanding but you will have to swim in to actually explore the massive rocks, or hike in if you go by land. Guess it depends what you are more comfortable doing.

Tortola is OK. Very sleepy port. I expect this is what the rest of the Carib. was like 40 years ago. BUT YOU MUST GO TO VIRGIN GORDA! We took the excursion offered by the cruiseship, but still loved it.... and that is with my wife slipping/falling on a rock and my dropping my digital camera into the sea.

• 2 weeks later...

Well some of the corners are hairpin turns and the driver honks all the way around them. Views are stunning and it's worth the drive over the mountain. Twice when we went to Cane Garden Bay the waters were calm and clear as could be. The last time we went there was a dangerous undertow with high waves (it was posted) and I came pretty close to drowning (no exageration!) :ohmy: