• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

American Airlines New Fees

Rate this topic

American Airlines has announced that they will begin charging 15.00 for the first checked bag. This new fee is supposed to start on June 15. I have posted a link to the article. I know one airline that I will not book for my clients when taking a cruise.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24756513

Just information that I thought everyone should know.

American Airlines has announced that they will begin charging 15.00 for the first checked bag. This new fee is supposed to start on June 15. I have posted a link to the article. I know one airline that I will not book for my clients when taking a cruise.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24756513

Just information that I thought everyone should know.

Vicki great topic thanks.. We fly American a great deal...I did find it interesting that according to the article..

But rival Delta doesn't plan to match American's fee for the first checked bag, a spokeswoman said.

It may come to pass they will resend the fee.. time will tell...thanks for the post!

Joey

How in the world is a family supposed to fly anywhere on vacation? I know I can't. Hubby and I took an entire SET of luggage PLUS just for the two of us for a 5 day cruise... And yes I did wear all of it....but no I didn't wear all of the shoes or need every color of eyeshadow I took. :rolleyes2:

Then we had all the EXTRA stuff I bought in Mexico I had to bring back. I had to by extra tote bags to haul all that stuff in (I thought I had brought enough)!!!!

If we all had to fly somewhere to get on a ship, well i quess then the only thing we could do would be to Fed-Ex our luggage there.

Sail on, :cool2:

Saw this on the news. It really sucks!! :sick: We try and pack with some common sense and can get away with one large pullman type bag each and the rest carry on even for a two week cruise, but to be charged for the first bag really ticks me off! :angry:

I hope American dies with this proposal.

Saw this on the news. It really sucks!! :sick: We try and pack with some common sense and can get away with one large pullman type bag each and the rest carry on even for a two week cruise, but to be charged for the first bag really ticks me off! :angry:

I hope American dies with this proposal.

Hey, I never said I was sensible, :rolleyes2: don't forget about the duct tape and bailingwire!!! :laugh::laugh:

Sail on, :cool2:

Andrea

American may become an airline for business travelers who only bring a carry-on. They are discontinuing a lot of flights, and will charge more for the flights left. Obviously they're trying to save themselves, and their customers will pay for it. I have no doubt other airlines will follow suit...many of them are in trouble.

I haven't been on American Airlines since 1999, when we flew from L.A to Florida for our Panama Canal cruise and they managed to lose my suitcase with all my formal wear in it.

We are booked on Southwest over Labor Day for a long weekend to a convention. I am taking one suitcase, plus one empty one so I can bring items back that I pick up from the convention. So far, Southwest is allowing 2 checked bags per person, and will charge for the third.

The article took me by surprise when I read it. It's a good thing we live in a country where we have choices. Those that suffer will be the employees of American Airlines. Once folks stop travelling with them, jobs will be cut (if they haven't been cut already).

I can't believe this. First we are limited as to what we can carry on. Now we have to pay just to take our clothes with us. What next? I hope everyone stops booking thru American, otherwise other airlines may do the same thing. WOW