• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

First topic!

Jason

I think the Regal only goes for 5 or 7 days; for 10 or more it would be the Caribbean Princess, at least for 2019...have you sailed on the Caribbean, Miranda? 

On 8/12/2018 at 3:29 AM, Miranda said:

Yep you're absolutely right that region is still on my list. For at least 10 days I'm in for 2019 or 2020. You can put some money in a future cruise when you're onboard. Would that be a good idea for me to do on this cruise so I can use that for our group cruise?

Yes, Miranda - you can buy a future cruise credit on your upcoming Princess cruise, and then when it’s time to book our group cruise, I’ll apply your credit as the deposit and apply the onboard credit you’ll get, too!

It’s decided, then ... 10 day Caribbean Princess, New England/Canada September 2019. Here are the date options: 9/14/19 Quebec to NYC, and 9/4/19 OR 9/24/19 NYC to Quebec. If a stop in Newport is important, choose NYC to Quebec, because it’s not included on on the opposite route.

Who is in, and what direction and date do you all prefer?

89F9CF75-DC03-4D27-A373-71CACEDED8AD.png

745441FF-76E9-4D5D-A0D2-D93906A9E41D.png

FFA97635-E0B6-467A-9C2B-25321FD1F76C.png

Well I'm certainly in. I do love to see those beautiful colors, so I don't know which date would be best. But I guess you do Jan.  

Can't find flights for that month yet, only until August 2019. 

We are in!  The 9/4 or 9/14 actually works much better for us than the 9/24...with the 9/4 being first choice.

Edited by AndiD

Color quality depends a lot on what kind of summer we had - cold, dry, rainy, and coastal areas get their color later than inland areas. Generally speaking, for a cruise along the coast, best colors will be end of Sept to mid-October. On my last cruise up there Oct. 6th, the colors still had a ways to go, as you can see by the pic taken in Nova Scotia. Last year, our colors were awful - the leaves dropped before they turned.

So the best dates for color, in order, might be

10/4, 10/14, 9/24

September is nice here, though, especially if you’re not set on best foliage colors. it can still be pretty warm, and the trees are beginning to turn, so either way, Sept or Oct., it’ll be a nice cruise.

Unfortunately, 9/24 and 10/4 both conflict with my Viking cruise, though I could push the Viking cruise another week to make it work.

IMG_3396.JPG

2 minutes ago, AndiD said:

We are in!  The 9/4 or 9/14 actually works much better for us than the 9/24...with the 9/4 being first choice.

We must have been typing at the same time! Sept. 4th or 14th would be best for me, as well.

1 minute ago, Jan115 said:

Color quality depends a lot on what kind of summer we had - cold, dry, rainy, and coastal areas get their color later than inland areas. Generally speaking, for a cruise along the coast, best colors will be end of Sept to mid-October. On my last cruise up there Oct. 6th, the colors still had a ways to go, as you can see by the pic taken in Nova Scotia. Last year, our colors were awful - the leaves dropped before they turned.

So the best dates for color, in order, might be

10/4, 10/14, 9/24

September is nice here, though, especially if you’re not set on best foliage colors. it can still be pretty warm, and the trees are beginning to turn, so either way, Sept or Oct., it’ll be a nice cruise.

Unfortunately, 9/24 and 10/4 both conflict with my Viking cruise, though I could push the Viking cruise another week to make it work.

IMG_3396.JPG

So maybe 9/14 would be the best compromise; maybe some color but not conflicting with your Viking cruise!  That would be a "go" for us...

3 minutes ago, Jan115 said:

We must have been typing at the same time! Sept. 4th or 14th would be best for me, as well.

And are there whales in September? ?

• Jan115 locked this topic