• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Creative ways of identifying your luggage

Rate this topic

GottaCruz

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So glad to see what others have done and will be doing. We have sailed a lot but never to old to learn from others. When we sailed on the Explorer in May, all <]of our luggage and about 15 other people's was missing. We had white tags and that color gets off the ship first...7:40 am, but our luggage was not found until 10:50 am. That day while standing there, I realized the next cruise I would be more creative in this area. (One piece of luggage kept going around and looked like one of ours and we just knew ours had been taken by mistake) We realized that day....black and blue was "the" color for luggage.

All luggage was found thank goodness but our white tags and other people's was on the last cart...on the bottom.

I have used big neon stickers, neon luggage tags, braided strips placed on the handles and ribbons. One of the luggage people said that day, "Be sure to always have a neon color tape on your handle. Most of the time if someone by mistake picks it up, the tape will remind that person, they have the wrong one and tape will not come off like a flower, ribbon, etc."

Keep the suggestions coming.....will need to use them December 7th, when we sail on the Mariner of the Seas.

• 3 months later...

A few cruises ago (about 15) we purchased on line red, white, blue luggage straps with our full names woven right into the fabric. Can't miss them. We also use bright red luggage. So we look at red bags first then for the straps. Works great.

The Skipper :cool:

A few cruises ago (about 15) we purchased on line red, white, blue luggage straps with our full names woven right into the fabric. Can't miss them. We also use bright red luggage. So we look at red bags first then for the straps. Works great.

The Skipper :cool:

Great ideas by everyone! Squirrel whisperer...Welcome to Cruise Crazies!!

We use the flourescent luggage straps, and we did use the plastic lime green tags, but they didn't hold up too well last cruise, so I have to come up with something new this next cruise. We also have the red, white, and blue straps. We will be getting new luggage, soon, so, I think we will get a color other than black!