• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Puerto Limon, Costa Rica

Rate this topic

All I can say is that I visited Puerto Limon on 3/29/05. I will agree it is not a resort area with a Diamonds International on every corner. Go to Cozumel or Grand Cayman if that is what your are looking for. I took a tour at the pier that Included the Tortuguero Canals and a Train trip into the rain forest, it was wonderful :grin: . I only spent an hour or so in town but found the people friendly and I never felt like I was in any danger!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi jtutak,

I want to thank you also for your input, it appears that Costa Rica, has an ever changing climate both in weather and in it's economic growth.

Ever changing, As I consider the excursions that we may take I will keep in mind comments you and Dan Both made.

It is much appreciated

Yes sir. The number one export from Costa Rica is microprocessors. I have seen many Intel Pentium 4 chips from Costa Rica.

The tour guides get a kick out of asking this question and getting much the same answers as provided here. Last time we were there I wore a golf shirt with Intel embroidered on the sleeve. When the guide asked the question I pointed to it. He noded and asked for my silence.

A wonderful country from the bits I have seen.

Bodger