• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Booze

Rate this topic

Longwait

:kiss: Ok I am going to start packing in the next week. I wanna go now!! I am still waiting for the Docs but I need to make this feel real. Do you take a little drink with you on to the ship? Have you had it taken away? And what is your trick to not have your bottle broken durning travel? I know this has been asked many times but now I am ready to listen!!!

Thanks,

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We usually pack a special bottle of wine to take with us. I wrap it well in bubble wrap, put it into a large zip lock bag (just in case) and put it in the middle of the clothes in our checked bag. I have never had a problem doing this.

To be honest I believe each cruise line has a different policy ..Celebrity which we will be on at the end of the month, states that they "have the right to refuse or limit the amount of alcohol you may bring aboard.â€Â

The would be no fee for this unless we wanted to enjoy a bottle of wine in the dinning room then they would assess us with a $15.00 corkage fee.

If you do take wine make sure you pack a bottle opener..J

Ask your cruise line what their policy is, that’s the only way to know the correct<] answer.

Good luck

The following is from the FAQ section of Carnival's website - not exactly black and white in my opinion. Quantity is not clear on either wine/champagne or soft drinks/bottled water<]

Can I Bring Liquor On Board?

A liquor and beverage consumption policy was created in order for Carnival to be able to control the liquor consumption of minors and the quantities consumed that lead to the disruptive behavior of others on board.

Liquor and Beverage Policy

Bringing Alcohol On Board - Embarkation

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board.

Fine wine or champagne may be brought on board during embarkation only. If the wine and/or champagne is brought to the Dining room for consumption, a $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged to the guest; otherwise, the guest may only drink the wine and/or champagne in the privacy of a stateroom. The wine and/or champagne may NOT be brought into any other public lounge or area.

Guests may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages. Excessive quantities, to be determined at the discretion of security and/or the embarkation personnel, will be confiscated and discarded.

What cruise line are you taking? Princess did not allow you to bring in hard spirits but once on board you could buy it from them for use in your cabin. The $ was quite reasonable. One litre of Absolut vodka was only $20.00.

Carnival really does not want passengers to bring alcohol on board, especially for immediate consumption in your room or anywhere else. They prefer that you purchase alcoholic beverages from them.

If you purchase alcohol ashore. Carnival will usually confiscate it and hold it for you until close to disembarkation.

Here is our dressing table on our last RCI cruise. I had pre-packed the beer & just enought to make it to the first port. The rest was purchased and brought onboard. Sorry the beer is in the soft-sided ice chest on the balcony because it had sprung a leak, and was not in the picture. alt text

It was a looong cruise and we shared~~!!~~

alt text