• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Roll Call Celebrity Millennium 10/29/2006

Rate this topic

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But it is important to understand because even if you do not get a refund it increases the cost to you. The VAT (Value Added Tax) is added to the price marked. And it can be substantial. In Italy it is 20%, so if you purchase an item costing 100 eur, you will actually be charged 120 eur. It may make a difference whether you purchase the item. The minimum purchase amount is the total of all purchases made at one time in one store in order to qualify for a refund of the VAT. And, in most cases it is not a 100% refund. When we were on our Baltic Sea cruise, there were special booths set up in some ports (and in one case on the ship) for refunds. But I think the Med cruise might be different because all the countries except Croatia are members of the EU. Refunds are limited to items being taken out of the country. And are usually put in sealed packages at the store.

Absolutely the coolest! Joey, we LOVE,LOVE, LOVE the pins. They are phenomenal. It will be such a great memento of the trip...not only for the cruise but for the friends we have met on this board.

THANK YOU so much!!!!!

Diane, thanks for the info on the VAT and the explanation of how it works. I did not know anyhting about this in Europe.

Kareen, thanks for doing the phrase book for the group. i am sure it will be very helpful and so nice to have it all in one"book".

so much activty on the board.... hard to keep up. but the enthusiasm is so infectious. it is so exciting. i am into the packing mode- no not actually packing but thinking about how i will pack light. a very hard challenge for me.

Gail....what an awesome website - thanks so much!!

With all the researching and brainstorming that goes on amongst this group we all stay totally informed. Way to go group!!!

Hi Diane..

You are more than welcome .. You Know, If it wasn’t for your comment about not wanting anything too large or flashy for safety reasons (not wanting to appear touristy ..standing out that sort of thing) I would have never proceeded with this project.

I too was very pleased how well they came out….to be honest I was kind of concerned about how they would feel to the touch but I think they came out ok .... So thank you Diane for a wonderful suggestion.. And glad you approve of these.

joey