• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Cruise Question of the Day

Rate this topic

Joanandjoe

We're almost always among the first people off the ship. We're both morning people, and we like to explore the port while things are still quiet. Even when we have an excursion shortly after we dock, I like to get off the ship and stretch my legs first.

The corollary of that is that we're usually among the first people back on the ship.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll usually wait till the first rush finishes, unless we have an early excursion. We usually look for itineraries that are in port for enough hours to leave a little later.

We tend to let the rush go ahead of us. Unless it is a port with very limited time. On most cruise lines we have Priority Tender Boarding or Disembarkation, so don't need to go some place for tender tickets, etc.

Of course, if we are on an excursion that makes the decision for us. :biggrin:

We are early starters, especially if we have an excursion. I just booked 5 excursions for our cruise in June and they leave around 9am with the earliest leaving at 8:15am. I found that it tends to get teeming with the afternoon crowd (most people are not early risers, especially on a cruise)

Since I don't have a partner, I often cruise alone but I have a whole gang with whom I often cruise...forensic nurses, cops, and related types. Four of us in that group - all forensic nurses - call ourselves "the queens" and we have our own beautiful wine glasses with crowns, special medallions, crowns, matching aloha shirts, etc. The largest group of "forensic friends" - eighteen of us - was for my 62nd birthday. It's fun having a crowd...there's always someone to do something with, someone with your interests - no one gets bored and it's nice that we all are friends and enjoy rendevousing together.