• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

2009 CruiseCrazies ® Group Cruise

Rate this topic

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I surely do miss Denis. We're having to make our own beds each morning and keep things straight ourselves.

I miss the guys at dinner. I'm having to get my own dinner together again. I liked it when they let me make a choice and then put it in front of me - jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh!!!It's a shame when good things have to come to an end.

I miss the "CruiseCrazies" too.

Fixing your own dinner and NO SHRIMP COCKTAIL!!. What is this world coming to? I can still laugh - I don't get reintroduced to my kitchen and laundry room for another day. Then reality will slap me in the face..

I know what you all mean!!! :sad2:

OK GUYS!!

I have an experience to share that was totally unexpected by me.

We got our bills for on ship charges late on the last cruising night. My expenses matched perfectly with what I knew was charged during the two weeks. I had watched it all along on the TV in the StateRoom. Everything was there and accounted for.

I also watch my credit cards daily on line and saw the correct amount from the ships charges when it hit my credit card. Everything was perfect and totally correct.

Then yesterday - I noticed 4 "pending" charges to my credit card account from Celebrity Constellation. There were 4 charges totalling a new amount of $807.65.

I'm not sure what you would do but I immediately called Bank of America and had the account cancelled with no further charges to be accepted. I couldn't get to anyone at Celebrity yesterday and I couldn't get to the "Fraud Department" at Bank of America. I had the phone in my hand this morning at 9:00AM to call Celebrity and during the conversations, I was told that it was holding charges from Celebrity and would drop off in the next 2 - 3 days. The Rep at Celebrity said that they would call Bank of America and get it straightened out. I did go ahead and call the "Fraud Department" at Bank of America and go through all of this situation with them.

Now - I'm familiar with these holding charges that drop off but it's usually and even amound and a one time charge and mostly from restaurants. The total amount that we charged while on the ship had already appeared and was correct and these additional charges appeared 3 days after that.

So now both Celebrity and Bank of America state that that $807.65 will drop off - HHHHmmmmm!!

I thought I'd post this and say that maybe you should check your accounts and see if anything such as this is happening to you. If so, please post and let me know.

Judson

Almost forgot. The last load of laundry is in the dryer now. Really made me tired watching Lynda do all that laundry. I had to take a nap! :biggrin:

We have a wedding coming up on Dec 12th. Mike, our #2 son, is finally tying the knot. We gave them a diamond we bought last year on a cruise and a setting. Had it sized today and will be ready next week. Between the cruise, St Thomas, and a wedding it appears we are trying to get rid of all our money in one month! :ohmy: Lynda & I are both really excited and like our soon to be DIL!

Celebrity called me today and wanted to know what I didn't like about the food. Wrong question to ask!

:laugh:

Thanks for the info, Judson. I will check it out....especially after all the trouble Andrea and I had getting our bills straight!