• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

What one item did you buy on a cruise

Rate this topic

GottaCruz

On our first cruise, we were in Cozumel and I bought this humungous tote bag, woven out of plastic or vinyl or something like that. The handles are riveted on. When I bought it , I had no idea what I'd use it for . It's just this big plaid thing but I saw lots of folks walking around with them so , of course, I just had to have one too. I figured, as I always do, that I'd use it for something. Well, after it sat in the bottom of my closet for quite a while, I pulled it out and started using it to shlep my clean laundy out of my laundry room. I have been using it for this purpose for about 8 years. This thing is indestructible and I use it on a daily basis. It is the most useful thing that I ever bought on a cruise, Defintely worth the 3 dollars I invested in it. :grin: :grin: :grin:

I bought this fabulous berber fleece coat by Black Mountain in Alaska. Everybody wants to know where I got it so that they can get one. When I tell them Alaska, their mouths drop a foot!

We were in Hawaii 12 years ago over Valentine's Day, and my DH bought me a beautiful ring with coral, opal, and pearls in it. I thought that was really sweet, especially since we don't usually buy each other gifts except for Christmas. It must have been the romantic Hawaiian night! :grin:

Whem we were on the Voyager 3 1/2 years ago, I had won $454 on Caribbean Poker on one hand of 3 eights. I stopped playing right than and there. The dealer kept saying "don't you want to play some more?" and I kept replying "no, I won". But he was noce about it - sorta joking/playing. We docked in St. Thomas the next morning and I rushed out and bought a beautiful opal and diamond ring!

My husband bought a Gear autumn jacket on SS Norway, which he wears frequently. The small logo on the front includes the NCL logo, flag of France, flag of Norway, and the name of the ship.

Rita's is her Cayman Islands tote. It is amazing all the stuff she can put in it. When we get off the ship in a port, we lack for nothing! On our last cruise she did buy a Tortola tote, which is the same size. I hope she's not planning on me carrying one!

Mine is my Senior Frogs hat--I never cruise without it! :cool: :cool: