• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Roll Call Celebrity Millennium 10/29/2006

Rate this topic

Mary Ann... We plan on taking enough euros with us to get to the ship.. we have heard to many horror stories about ATM cards getting eaten and having to get cash advances on credit cards...

Good luck with getting a group for that area .. if any of you were considering this .. I should say Alain comes very highly recommended!!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonia....I've tried asking this question elsewhere - but no answers. Would you happen to know what time Survivor comes on (Pacific Time) on a Thursday night? We'll be in Seattle on Thursday and don't want to miss the next episode. Thanks!

Mary Ann......yes airports are a better deal than your local bank and much quicker. We usually just get enough Euro's for taxi/tips/busses and the use our Credit Cards for EVERYTHING else. It's safer and works out best exchange wise. Also there are Foreign Exchange bureau EVERYWHERE in Europe. There's one on La Rambla very close to La Villa. We draw cash there to pay for our private tours.

Hey, I'm jumping into a cruise I'm not on, but just want to comment since I've been to Europe many times including on Mille Med Cruise last Sept. '05, we *always* get Euros (or whatever currency), lke a hundrend dollars worth, at our local bank before departure. That way, even for the smallest thing like a bottle of water, I'm prepared when I step off the plane.

Jackie ..... Survivor comes on at 8:00 pm pacific time

. LOL LOL

i have a question ... on the ATM does it give you option for savings or checking??

just wondering

i plan to get atleast have enough to get us to hotel bus to hotel, and maybe a snack to start with i want to find that big chocolate croissant OMG it looked good on virtual tourist

Joey Becki is good... shes starting to get the OMG i need to get all my work done at work b4 i leave ... she said shes so glad i did most of the tour info and planning for the places because she would have never had the time....

I am just a planner is all and i need to have info where i am going and how i am getting there LOL LOL ...just like a back sit driver LOL She laughed when im told her i have sheets for each place with bus info train info tour info LOL and if she wanted i could send her our schedule .. she just laughed and said no that will just confuse me more LOL

Tonia

Hi Everyone!

I'm back! Just got in from Las Vegas yesterday. I had a great trip out there for a Continuing Education conference. I met a friend there and we had a great time sightseeing, etc. Now, it's time to focus on Europe exclusively!

I've been catching up on the posts and as far as dinner in Barcelona pre-cruise, earlier is probably better for us. I'm not a late night kind of person, but, we'll go along with whatever. Where do things stand now? Are we just meeting for drinks/tapas or at the hotel?

Just tell me where and when and we'll be there.

Gail, I'm sorry to hear about your dad. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Back to work tomorrow! Have a great week everyone!